Saturday, January 10, 2009

Getting ready for Valentine's day...

Having cleared away the Christmas decorations just last Sunday, I wrote a few new year's resolutions. Among items which I see as chores and burdens, I added one item that would be fun! I would love to give out more presents and try to make them. I hope to create, unique, pretty, and functional things...
The stores are already setting out their Valentine's wares. I see the usual chocolate boxes, stuffed animals, faux flowers [personally never liked them], and heart plates. I have spent a few nights making some pincushions with Valentine's day twist... to give out as gifts and to add to my etsy shop.


I was up until 2am last night, reading the New Moon. I am not usually young adult novel or vampire novel fan but I ended up reading the first book of the saga, after my daughter saw the movie. She complained that the lead actor didn't fit with Edward she had envisioned in the Twilight. She thought Hayden Christenson would have been better Edward. So out of curiosity, I read the first book and I must agree with her. The second one is rather tediously slow in the beginning but eventually becomes interesting. I can't say that the quality of writing is awesome but it's very imaginative...

No comments: