Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pincushions

The gusty wind is rather threatening outside... We are comforting ourselves with chocolate [never fails] cake. Mad's birthday cake leftover... ^.^
I also made some pincushions over the weekend. An inspiration [well, of sort] came to me while driving at night, thus titled it "night street." However, the street light looks like showerhead. And the median strip looks too large compared to the street light. Okay, I could say this is a prototype. ;)



I also made a medium sized one to resemble a traditional Korean thatched roof cottage. People used to grow large, round gourds on the roof top. In the olden days, these would be halved, emptied, dried and used as bowls. I always liked the look; just as I always loved the climbing roses on the door way of an English cottage.

No comments: