Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow...more to come!

The school is closed due to snow. I took a walk outside to capture the pretty wet snow on tree branches.

When the girls were up, we baked a pan of brownies and ate some with dollops of ice cream.

As we are eating, my phone rings with a text message from the county Weather Alert: Winter Storm Watch until Saturday PM. Expect 12-20" of snow. Mad moans audibly since her major birthday party is on Friday.

I remind her about her actual birth day.... We had historical inches of snow and the government closed for the day. I remember starting out 5 in the morning when the snow pile reached mid-thigh. When she was a toddler, I used to tell her that the heavens celebrated her birthday with lots of pretty snow and government closed to honor her birth. Oh, the white lies we tell our children!

3 comments:

jacqueline said...

Looks sooo cold but i love that snow photo that you took! I hope your little one had a good birthday celebration. :) That brownies looks soo yumiie. Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!

artycho said...

Love the story about her daughter's birth celebration! I am surprised snow is still falling when actually it is only Feb after all! You are so right to treat yourself to brownies! Thanks for your comment over my blog those ungrateful hens nearly ripped the garments, how naughty!

Tracy said...

Were the brownies and ice cream for breakfast? ;o) I hope so...LOL! What a lovely story about your daughter. We have TONS of snow here, knee-deep in the white stuff...*sigh*... so eager for spring! Be safe and enjoy a snowed-in weekend! :o)